Welcome to the Victorian Geriatric Medicine Training Program
The Victorian Geriatric Medicine Training Program (VGMTP) is an initiative of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Geriatric Medicine (Victorian Division), with funding from the Victorian Department of Health. We aim to improve the healthcare of older Victorians through a better trained and more diversified workforce.
VGMTP activities include:
• Centralised match for Advanced Training
• State-wide Advanced Training Program
• Local training within our three training alliances
• Communication skills training
• A suite of open access on-line modules providing foundation level education in geriatric medicine for students and health care professionals